How to keep dandruff away this winter
Flaunting those beautiful locks is something that we all love. But sometimes dandruff just spoils it all as those white flakes on your dark clothes look so bad & embarrassing. Especially in winter as dandruff gets worse in winters and it gets very hard to get rid of it.
One tries various hair care products, home remedies, hair oils, and all to stay away from winter dandruff. But they don’t really work. Right.
Read the whole blog to know the effective ways to say goodbye to winter dandruff
What is Dandruff?
Dandruff is a very common condition. Dandruff is small pieces of dry skin on the scalp that happen when a large number of dead skin cells build up. These flakes are visible on the hair and many times on the shoulder. It makes the scalp itchy.
What causes Dandruff?
There can be various causes of Dandruff such as
- Yeastlike bacteria called Malassezia are present on the scalp
- Having an unhygienic scalp and not shampooing enough can lead to dandruff as the oil & dead skin cells accumulate and turn into flakes.
- Exposure to dust or dirt or sunlight
- Certain hair care products can cause contact dermatitis (red & itchy scalp). Use organically formulated natural hair products for dandruff
- Having an oily scalp. Oily scalp causes excessive sebum production that fosters the growth of dandruff-causing yeast & conditions.
- A dry scalp has a low moisture level and can cause dandruff. Over-shampooing can strip off the natural skin oil and can lead to a dry itchy scalp.
About Dandruff in Winters/ Winter Dandruff
As the change in season affects the skin's health in the same way it affects the scalp's health. Most people complain that during winter dandruff increases. It is because in winter the cold air is dry & has low moisture levels, plus the indoor heaters cause the skin as well as the scalp to dry. A dry scalp makes the scalp flaky and one easily develops dandruff. Seasonal variation in hormones, diet changes, seasonal allergies, etc is some of the other factors that can lead to increased dandruff in winter.
Also Read:: HOW TO EXFOLIATE YOUR SKIN DURING WINTERS
10 Easy ways to get rid of dandruff this winter season
- Often Brush Your Hair: Brushing your hair frequently not only detangles your hair but also boosts blood circulation in the scalp and distributes the oil from the scalp down to the ends. It keeps the scalp healthy and helps in hair growth. You must brush your hair twice a day in winter.
- Consume Plenty of Water: Due to cold weather in winter, our water consumption level hugely drops. As we consume less water, it dehydrates the skin & scalp and leads to dandruff. Make sure to drink around 4 liters of water a day in winter to keep your scalp and skin healthy & hydrated.
- Keep away from direct heat: Drying your hair after a wash in winter is a tough task. Being cold outside it takes time to dry out. Most of us use hair dryers to dry our hair. But such direct heat-providing items like hairdryers, hair strengtheners, etc tend to make the scalp dry. So, instead of using hairdryers, you must go for air-drying.
(You can use a heat protector's Strictly Organics organic hair serum before using hair dryers, straighteners, etc).
- Don't scratch dandruff: Dandruff causes itching and scratching the scalp can provide some relief but can result in severe problems. When you scratch your scalp it not only damages your hair but can cause scalp infections, scabs, and more.
- Don’t wash your hair with hot water: In winter, many of us wash our hair with hot water. Hot water strips away the moisture & natural oil from your hair and makes the scalp dehydrated & dry which results in more dandruff. So, avoid using very hot water for hair washing, instead, use lukewarm water.
- Consume a Healthy diet: Eating healthy food is one of the effective ways to have a healthy scalp and get rid of dandruff. Certain food that is rich in Vitamin B (Green Peas, Avocado, Spinach, Chicken, Eggs, etc) Omega 3 (Walnuts, Chia seeds, Soybeans, etc), and Zinc (Seeds, Nuts, Whole grains, Chickpeas, etc) helps to reduce dandruff. Along with this food in your diet include lots of green vegetables & fruits.
- Cut down on Sugar & Carbs: Hight Sugary food and food rich in carbs causes inflammation in winter and result in an increase in dandruff.
- Don't Take Stress: Stress can impact your skin’s health and can trigger dandruff. As stress increases certain hormone production, mainly Cortisol (stress hormone). And Cortisol regulates & affects the functioning of the hair follicle. Reduce stress by participating in de-stressing activities like deep breathing & relaxation exercises, meditating, and more.
- Apply Hair Serum: Hair serum is an effective product that has a liquid formula that easily penetrates into your hair and nourishes them. It helps to improve your natural hair texture and make them look good. An organic hair serum like Shine and Repair Hair Serum from Strictly Organics formulated with natural elements not only reduces winter dandruff but also makes your hair frizzy-free, stronger, soft & smooth.
- Avoid chemically formulated hair products: Many hair products that you use on daily basis like dry shampoos, hair sprays, hair serums, etc contain many toxins & alcohol that can dry out the scalp and make things worse. You can opt for the best natural hair serum that is made with natural ingredients and is free from alcohol & harmful chemicals.
Which is the best organic hair serum?
The vegan brand Strictly Organics hair serums are the best organic hair serum as they are formulated with plant-based essential natural ingredients that deeply nourish the hair and make them look healthy & gorgeous.
Why Strictly Organics damage repair hair serum is the best?
Strictly Organics natural damage repair hair serum is the best because it has an intense hair repair & nourishment formula and works as a scalp rejuvenator. Also, the serum is made with 15 botanical extracts such as Bhringraj Oil, Brahmi Oil, Amla Oil, etc that blend together & shows effective results.
Why use natural hair serum for dandruff?
Natural hair serums are made of non-toxic ingredients that actively hydrate the scalp and nourish it deeply. The essential natural elements used in the serum formulation help to keep the scalp healthy and dandruff-free.
Which is the best natural hair serum for frizzy hair?
Strictly Organics Shine & Repair Hair Serum is an effective & the best natural hair serum for frizzy hair as it has organic ingredients like Almond Oil, Coconut Oil, Amla Oil, etc that improve hair texture and makes them silky, smooth & manageable.
What are the benefits of using hair serum?
There are various benefits of using hair serum such as it helps to promote hair growth, reduce dandruff, add shine, remove frizz, prevent hair fall, promote hair growth, make hair smooth, protect hair from direct heat & environmental aggressors, and more.