Summers in India means soaring temperatures, humidity, sweating, and facing the scorching heat of the sun. Right!
A natural skincare regimen is key to healthy-looking skin in summer.
In summer the skin gets tanned, & irritated, and summer acne breakouts make it worse. But by adopting healthy lifestyle habits & following a daily beauty routine for your skin, you can evade all such skin problems. When you consistently follow an effective skincare regime, you energise and enhance the natural abilities of your skin.
Let us first understand how the summer season is not good for your skin.
How do summers affect the skin?
The high temperature, heat & environmental changes make the sebaceous glands work more actively and this leads to high sebum production. This causes the skin to look oily and greasy and the dry skin turns rough. Plus the high sebum causes common skin conditions like acne, breakouts, etc. Besides that, the harmful UV sun radiation gives rise to melanin production. More production of melanin darkens the skin & results in skin tan. And also affects skin elasticity which accounts for premature aging.
Why should you change your skincare in summer?
You must have read frequently about how having a daily skincare routine is very important. But do you know you need to adjust your skincare regimen according to the seasons? Our skin does not remain the same year-round. Many skincare products that you use in winter may not work for your skin in summer. So, with the change in season, you have to be ready to take care of your skin so it adapts perfectly to the new weather.
Best Summer Skincare Routine
Here are 5 skincare habits that will make your summer skincare routine ‘ideal & perfect’ for all skin types:-
- Regular Double Cleansing: All skincare routine has a fundamental step and that step is cleansing. Regardless of your skin type whether it's sensitive or oily, cleansing is something that you cannot avoid in weather like summers. Cleaning helps to maintain radiant and healthy skin. The Hot & humid summer climate causes skin problems like oily & greasy skin, clogged pores, acne, and more. The only solution is to cleanse twice a day with the right face wash. For oily & acne-sensitive skin opt for a light-forming natural Strictly Organics Tea Tree & Hemp Facial Cleanser that washes off dirt & softens the skin. Whereas, a cream-based cleanser is good for dry and normal skin types.
- Nourish with Moisturiser: Moisturizer prevents your skin from getting extremely dry and makes it look youthful. A season like a summer does not require a heavy moisturiser, a lightweight moisturizer is enough to keep skin hydrated. Normal or dry skin types can use a gentle skin hydrating light moisturiser. In case you have oily & combination skin, then choose a gel or water-based moisturizer. A person with sensitive skin must apply a natural face moisturizer that is non-comedogenic & has active natural ingredients.
- Choose the right Sunscreen: A good sunscreen can solve half of your skin problems in summer by reducing sun damage and preventing skin irritation. For summers a sunscreen that protects from both UVA & UVB rays (i.e. broad-spectrum sunscreen) works the best as it reduces skin burn, diminishes sunspots appearance, and offers long-lasting sun protection. People with oily or combined skin must choose a gel-based sunscreen that won't clog pores. And dry or normal skin types can apply gel or cream-based sunscreen. Not all sunscreen suits sensitive skin. So, go for chemical & alcohol-free sunscreen with a non-aggressive formulation.
- Exfoliate Gently: In summer weather, the build-up of dirt, make-up, impurities plus excess oil & sweat, clogs the pores and leads to increased acne. So, exfoliating with a scrub becomes vital to slough off all these build-ups and remove all the dead skin cells. Plus exfoliation improves skin texture and keeps skin looking young & plump. You must exfoliate twice a week in summer. Don't exfoliate regularly as over-exfoliation leaves skin dry and damaged.
A paraben-free natural face scrub that is very gentle & has natural exfoliators such as a Strictly Organics Bamboo Face Scrub is best for all skin types. For the body scrub also, you must choose the one that contains ingredients that exfoliate skin naturally like walnut, coffee, oatmeal, etc. You must also remember not to exfoliate your face & body with the same scrub as the formulation of both scrubs differs and the face skin is more sensitive than your body skin.
- Serum: A skincare routine is incomplete without face serums. Face serums have magical abilities as they absorb quickly and nourish deeply. There are various kinds of face serums, but Vitamin C face serums are undoubtedly the best for summer skin as they are rich in antioxidants. Vitamin C serum protects skin from sun & other environmental damages and its antioxidant properties leave a natural bright skin complexion. Apply Advanced Multi-Active vitamin C face serum which is non-irritant and perfect for all skin types.
Why use a natural organic face moisturizer?
Organic skincare products are very gentle and free from harmful chemicals & toxins that may harm your skin. A natural organic face moisturizer not only hydrates but also deeply nourishes your skin.
Which is the best body scrub for skin whitening at home?
One of the best body scrubs for skin whitening is the one that contains natural exfoliants like a Walnut Body Scrub. Walnut contains vitamin E & B5 that brightens the skin and removes impurities & dead skin cells.
Which is the best face scrub for glowing skin?
Strictly Organics Bamboo Face Scrub is one of the best face scrubs for glowing skin. It is suitable for all skin types and contains essential skin nourishing elements like Vitamin C, Green Tea leaf extract, Chamomile, and more.
Can you use vitamin C serum in the summer?
Yes, you can definitely use Strictly Organics vitamin C face serum in the summer. In fact, it can be used throughout the year as it prevents skin damage and boosts collagen production, keeping the skin looking healthy and fresh.
Which are the best summer skincare products?
There are many brands that offer summer skincare products including Strictly Organics, Mamaearth, Himalaya, and more. Before choosing any of the brand's skincare products, make sure they are appropriate for your skin type and the ingredients used in their formulation.