Are you suffering from dull and dry skin during these winter months? The Benefits of using vitamin C serum for skin care can be your ultimate key to keeping your skin smooth, even-toned, and glowing. Incorporating vitamin C in your everyday skincare can come to your rescue, be it acne prone skin problems, signs of aging, or hyperpigmentation.
You are probably taking vitamin C in your daily diet, but it does not ensure that the goodness of vitamin C is directly reaching your skin. Therefore, applying topical products and serums can be the most convenient way to retrieve the benefits of this natural vitamin.
Vitamin C Serum: Definition & Ingredients
Found in several citrus fruits and vegetables, Vitamin C or Ascorbic Acid is a naturally soluble vitamin that contains rich antioxidants to cure different skin problems and improve the human body's immune system.
A vitamin C Serum is a type of skincare product that consists of vitamin C and possesses a liquid or gel-like consistency. The serum is applied topically to the face.
The stability of the serum depends on two factors:
- The Product Formulation
- The Product Packaging
Some of the commonly used vitamin C derivatives that have the potential to last longer include:
- L-ascorbic acid
- ascorbyl palmitate
- Magnesium ascorbyl phosphate
You must take care that the product consists of a waterless formulation. Also, the Vitamin C serum packaging must be done in an opaque and airtight bottle.
How Can You Use Vitamin C Serum on Your Face?
To reap the most significant benefits of Vitamin C, you should apply it 1 or 2 times daily by going through the following steps.
- First, wash your hands with a hand wash.
- After that, cleanse your face with a good-quality cleanser.
- Then use a skin toner to tone your face.
- Next, apply 1 or 2 drops of vitamin C serum on your face.
- After that, moisturize your skin with a nourishing moisturizer.
If you want to know the effective ways to use face serum to avoid any side effects, then you may perform the following trick.
- Choose a quickly concealable area of your skin, such as the forearm.
- Put a little vitamin C serum on it and wait for one day.
If it does not cause any side effects, you can consider this product safe for applying on your face. Suppose redness, hives, or rashes come out on your skin, don’t continue with the product further.
Top 10 Benefits of Using Vitamin C For Skincare
Check out the top 10 Benefits of Vitamin C face serum to get healthy skin within a few days.
- Vitamin C is the considered best face serum for dry skin that helps to keep the skin hydrated and naturally moisturized.
- Using premium quality vitamin C skincare products like Strictly Organics Vitamin C Serum for face promotes brightened-up skin eliminating pigmentation and dullness.
- Applying Vitamin C Face Serum for acne-prone skin can reduce redness and promote smooth and even-toned skin.
- Using Vitamin C Serum for face regularly can work on reducing can hyperpigmentation like sun spots, melasma, and age spots offering you spotless skin.
- Vitamin C serum’s daily application stimulates the production of collagen in your skin which develops the skin elasticity to a great extent removing premature signs of aging.
- Vitamin C prevents wrinkles and fine lines, letting your skin look fresh and glowing.
- Vitamin C removes the fine lines and dark circles surrounding your eye by hydrating the under-eye area.
- One of the Vitamin C uses for skin include offering a soothing effect on sunburns.
- Protecting from the sun damage caused by UV Rays is one the most incredible vitamin c benefits for skin.
- Being a rich source of antioxidants, what vitamin c does to the skin is combat the free radicals like pollution, radiation, and harmful chemicals to make our skin healthy.
Daily application of Vitamin C for skin care can deliver endless advantages to your skin due to its naturally beneficial components. However, like other products, you must be consistent with using Vitamin C serum to get optimum results. Either apply it in the morning for UV protection or use it as a night serum. Even you can use it two times a day to get the desired outcome on your skin.
1. What happens if I use overuse Vitamin C Serum?
The ideal application of Vitamin C includes once or twice every day with 2 to 4 drops every time. However, if you are overusing vitamin C Serum for face, it can lead to the development of blackheads or increasing blackheads. Also, skin-related issues like breakouts and irritation can happen due to the over-application of vitamin C serum on your face.
2. What should I avoid with Vitamin C Serum?
One of the common mistakes people tend to make is combining the vitamin C serum with other products that create vitamin c side effects on skin, such as peeling or reduction of its efficacy. Some components that must not be combined with Vitamin C during application include retinol, benzoyl peroxide, AHAs, BHAs, etc.
3. What is the average lasting period of Vitamin C Serum?
The expiration period of vitamin C serum depends on the type of content used in its packaging. However, the average expiration time for a vitamin C serum is 3 to 6 months. If you are not performing the regular application of Vitamin C, you can opt for a small amount of packaging to avoid its expiration.
4. How long does a Vitamin C Serum last on my face?
Due to the firm absorbing capacity of high-quality vitamin C products like the Strictly Organics Vitamin C Face Serum, it isn't easy to wash or cleanse this component of your skin. Researchers have found that a good quality vitamin C serum lasts 8 to 24 hours on your skin.
5. Is my skin type suitable for Vitamin C Serum?
If you have a record of sensitive skin, then first apply a little amount of vitamin C on an easily hidable part of your skin. It can be considered safe for face application if it does not create any breakouts or irritation on your skin. The Vitamin C Serum by Strictly Organics is regarded as the best vitamin C face serum for oily skin and dry skin as it consists of several organic ingredients like Ethyl Ascorbic Acid, Aloe Vera leaf extract, Neroli, and Hyaluronic Acid, offering numerous advantages for all the skin types.
6. Can Vitamin C Serum Cause trouble on my skin?
L-ascorbic acid is the most commonly used purest form of Vitamin C in skincare products which suits both oily and dry skin without causing any vitamin c side effects on skin. However, if it leads to skin irritation and breakouts on your face, you should avoid its further application.