- What Is Sea Buckthorn Oil?
- Sea Buckthorn Oil Benefits for Skin
- Sea Buckthorn Oil Benefits for Hair
- Possible Side Effects of Sea Buckthorn Oil
Are you aware of the benefits of a natural ingredient called sea buckthorn oil? Despite its deceiving name, the oil has nothing to do with the sea and is extracted from the seeds and berries of a flowering plant. The mention of the benefits of sea buckthorn oil dates back to anecdotal reports and traditional medicine practices that consider this oil's anti-oxidant properties. Even modern-day skin care products like the Strictly Organics face wash and body wash use sea buckthorn oil as their ingredient for its natural skin nourishment benefits.
What Is Sea Buckthorn Oil?
So, you might be wondering what sea buckthorn oil is. Sea buckthorn oil is extricated from the fruits and seeds of a blooming plant called sea buckthorn, which grows profusely in the arid Himalayan regions. Also known by names like seaberry, sandthorn, sallowthorn, or the Siberian pineapple, ancient Chinese medicine and Ayurveda have referred to this magical remedy.
The oil extracted from sea buckthorn berries comes in a dense golden-orange liquid that tastes like a sour mango or orange. Although several cosmetic companies use this ingredient in their products for great skincare routine, people can also drink it or apply it topically for its health and beauty benefits.
Sea Buckthorn Oil Benefits for Skin
Some of the potential benefits of sea buckthorn oil for skin include the following:
- Moisturizing the skin: Sea buckthorn oil is rich in fatty acids, which can help to moisturize the skin and keep it hydrated. Using it in your daily skincare routine can help to reduce the appearance of dryness and flakiness and improve the overall texture and appearance of the skin.
- Reducing inflammation: Sea buckthorn oil possesses compounds that can help to reduce inflammation in the skin, which can be beneficial for people with conditions like acne, eczema, and rosacea.
- Protecting against sun damage: Sea buckthorn oil contains high levels of antioxidants, which offers the skin a protective layer from the harmful effects caused by free radicals and UV radiation. It can help to prevent premature aging and the development of wrinkles and may even help to reduce the risk of skin cancer.
- Healing wounds: Sea buckthorn oil has been shown to have wound-healing properties and thus help in speeding up the healing process of cuts, burns, and other types of injuries.
- Reducing the appearance of scars: Sea buckthorn oil for skin may be effective at reducing the appearance of scars, mainly when combined with other natural remedies like aloe vera and vitamin E.
Strictly Organics face wash possesses sea buckthorn with turmeric oil, an ideal combination that gives you acne-free, glowing, and healthy skin due to its antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-fungal properties.
Sea Buckthorn Oil Benefits for Hair
Some of the potential benefits of sea buckthorn oil for hair include the following:
- Improving hair growth: Sea buckthorn oil is rich in nutrients, including vitamins A, C, and E, and antioxidants, which can help promote healthy hair growth.
- Strengthening hair: The oil is also high in fatty acids, which can help nourish and strengthen hair.
- Protecting hair from damage: The vitamins and antioxidants in sea buckthorn oil can help protect hair from the damages done by free radicals and environmental issues such as pollution and UV rays.
- Preventing hair loss: Some studies have suggested that sea buckthorn oil may help prevent hair loss and improve hair thickness.
- Moisturizing hair: The fatty acids in sea buckthorn oil can help moisturize and hydrate the hair, leaving it soft and shiny.
To use sea buckthorn oil for hair, apply it directly to the hair and scalp or include a few drops to your shampoo or conditioner. It is essential to start with a small amount and gradually increase it as needed, as some people may find that sea buckthorn oil can be a bit drying. Mix it with other oils, such as coconut or argan oil, to help moisturize and nourish your hair.
Possible Side Effects of Sea Buckthorn Oil
Sea buckthorn oil is generally considered safe to use, but like any substance, it can cause side effects in some people. Some possible side effects of sea buckthorn oil include stomach upset, nausea, and diarrhea after its consumption. Sea buckthorn oil could also lead to an allergic reaction in some people, although this is rare.
If you experience any side effects after using sea buckthorn oil, it is recommended that you discontinue using it and consult with your doctor.
The benefits of sea buckthorn oil are plenty due to the rich content of vitamins, fatty acids and antioxidants present in it. Also known as the sacred fruits of Himalayas, the history of using sea buckthorn for beautification and healthcare dates back to the ancient age. Being a completely herbal product, using the Strictly Organics Sea Buckthorn Face Wash and body wash containing sea buckthorn oil can provide a long lasting positive effect on your skin without the use of synthetic chemicals.
Also Read : EVERYTHING ABOUT MINIMALIST SKINCARE ROUTINE
1. Can I combine sea buckthorn oil with other oils?
Yes, you can combine sea buckthorn oil with other oils. Sea buckthorn oil is often combined with other oils to create a blend that provides various benefits. For example, sea buckthorn oil is often combined with fish oil, flaxseed oil, or borage oil to create a blend that includes omega-3, omega-6, and omega-9 fatty acids. You can also combine sea buckthorn with turmeric oil and other essential oils to bring out a mixture that provides overall beauty benefits.
2. Does sea buckthorn oil have anti-aging properties?
Sea buckthorn oil is rich in antioxidants, which can help preserve the skin from the damaging impact of free radicals that lead to signs of aging like wrinkles and fine lines. Additionally, sea buckthorn oil is rich in vitamins C and E, which are essential for maintaining healthy, youthful-looking skin. These vitamins help to support collagen production, a necessary element for maintaining the elasticity and firmness of the skin, making sea buckthorn oil a valuable addition to any anti-aging skincare routine.
3. Is sea buckthorn face wash suitable for the skin?
Containing antioxidants and fatty acids, sea buckthorn is a fantastic ingredient to have in your face wash to achieve fresh and healthy skin. Strictly Organics Organic face wash for your regular skincare routine contains sea buckthorn with turmeric oil, offering acne-free, deeply nourished, and naturally glowing skin.
4. Does sea buckthorn oil contain anti-fungal properties?
Yes, sea buckthorn oil is known to have antifungal properties. It includes a range of compounds that can kill or inhibit the growth of fungi, treating and preventing fungal infections. Sea buckthorn oil is also known to hold anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to decrease the redness, acne, and swelling associated with fungal infections.
5. Can I use Sea buckthorn body wash in winter?
Sea buckthorn is rich in antioxidant properties and, therefore, boosts your skin's health while maintaining its moisture level and nourishment. The Strictly Organics Sea Buckthorn body wash comprises a bunch of essential oils, including sea buckthorn oil letting your entire body feel hydrated, refreshed, and alive instantly.