7 Ingredients to Avoid in for Toxin Free Skin Care Products
“Toxin Free Skin Care”
It is a very common expression that we hear in our daily life. But what do toxins really mean?
The literal meaning of toxins is a ‘harmful poisonous substance’. Toxins can be natural and synthetic. toxins are produced by living organisms like bacteria, plants, animals, etc. The toxins can harm other living things like us humans but may not harm the living things that produce them.
Toxin Free Skin Care - How can toxins enter our bodies?
Toxins can enter our bodies easily. Nowadays toxins are something you cannot even think of avoiding as it is present in various forms. You may not know but you get exposed to toxins every day as they exist everywhere, in the food we consume, in cosmetics & toxin free skin care products we apply, in the cleaning agents we use, and more. So, they enter our bodies when we eat, drink, breathe or carry out normal everyday activities.
Is toxic free skin care products?
Skincare products can really help in making your skin look good, but many times these positive outcomes come with a heavy cost. The toxins present in skincare products can not only adversely affect your skin but your overall health.
In a day, a woman uses more than five beauty products that can contain tons of toxic chemicals or synthetic ingredients. When these products are applied to the skin, the skin absorbs harmful toxins and it gets collected within the body & can harm the internal organs. Well, the best you can do is to avoid synthetic products and opt for natural toxic free skincare products.
7 harmful Toxins ingredients in skincare products that you must stay away from
Having valuable information about the toxins that are harmful & can be hidden in most skincare products is very important as it reduces the risk of being exposed to such toxins.
- Parabens: Parabens are one of the top ingredients that are used as a preservative in most personal care products like moisturizers, soaps, face masks, etc. As per many kinds of research, daily exposure to paraben is said to cause hormonal imbalances in females by increasing the production of estrogen (vital hormones found in females), and plus acts as an endocrine disruptor & can also cause breast cancer.
- Sulfates: Sulphates are rich cleaning and foaming agents that are used in shower gels, face wash, soaps, etc to create leather. Sodium Laureth Sulphate (SLES) and sodium lauryl sulphate (SLS) are two types of sulphates that are most widely used in product formulation. These sulphates are produced from various sources like petroleum oil, coconut oil, palm kernel oil, etc. There is still debate going on regarding whether SLES & SLS can cause health issues like cancer, infertility, and more. But sulphate long-term use can definitely cause skin irritation, especially for those having sensitive skin types.
- Fragrance: From moisturisers to cleansers, all are made using fragrance. Fragrances are derived from natural plus synthetic ingredients. Apart from triggering skin allergies & irritation, fragrances have the ability to cause chronic health issues like cancer, hormonal imbalance, etc.
- Petroleum: Also known as mineral oil, petroleum jelly is commonly used in skincare items due to its rich moisturizing properties. A properly refined petrolatum used in personal care products cannot cause health concerns but an unrefined one can possess harmful chemicals and can clog the pores & lead to acne and other skin issues.
- Formaldehyde: It is a colorless gas that has a strong odor and is used as a preservative in cosmetics plus skincare products like lotions, shampoos, nail polish, etc. High exposure to formaldehyde can cause skin sensitization and other problems.
- Phenoxyethanol: Phenoxyethanol is antimicrobial and works as a synthetic preservative. Phenoxyethanol is said to be harmful as it gets easily absorbed through the skin into the bloodstream and can affect the central nervous system. Women who are pregnant & breastfeeding mothers much also avoid using Phenoxyethanol.
- PEG/PPG: Many beauty products contain (PEG) Polyethylene glycol and (PPG) polypropylene glycol as they have high absorption abilities and help to retain moisture. PEG is considered unsafe when used on damaged skin and can cause severe skin problems. It also causes skin dryness by removing the natural moisture of the skin.
(Strictly Organics is one such best skincare brand in India that do not use any of such chemical free products with preservatives in the formulation of their products, but uses natural plant-based ingredients that effectively nourish your skin. )
Why use natural skincare products?
It's time that you shift from chemical to chemical free skincare products to protect yourself from the side effects of synthetic skincare products. Another significant reason to opt for natural skincare products is that they are more environmentally friendly & do not possess any threat to animals or plants.
Natural skincare items make your skin look flawless without causing any damage to your health. One of the vast differences between organic & synthetic skincare products is the ingredients used. In Organic skin care products, you'll find natural non-toxic ingredients derived from plant sources like apple juice, tea tree oil, vitamin E, etc that have beneficial nutrients & skin nourishing elements. And are free from irritants, chemicals, synthetic preservatives, etc., like our Strictly Organics range of skincare items.
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE BEST FACE MOISTURIZERS FOR YOUR SKIN
- BENEFITS OF ROSE WATER FOR YOUR FACE & SKIN
- BENEFITS OF APPLYING ALOE VERA ON THE FACE AT NIGHT
- EVERYTHING ABOUT MINIMALIST SKINCARE ROUTINE
- HOW TO USE VITAMIN C SERUM FOR FACE AT NIGHT
1. Which is the best organic skin care product in India?
A. Many organic skin care brands like Forest Essentials, Soul Tree, Strictly Organics, etc are present in the Indian market. Out of these Strictly Organics is one such brand that has the best organic skin care products in India as all their products are completely vegan and made with pure ingredients.
2. Why should you use Strictly Organics natural skincare products?
A. Strictly Organics Chemical free skincare products are made with organic plant-based ingredients and are completely safe for the skin's health and also for the environment. They do not contain any kind of toxic preservatives & harmful chemicals that can cause skin irritation of any kind.
3. Which is the top organic skincare brand in India?
A. Strictly Organics is the top organic skin care and personal care products brand in India. They have a unique range of skin care products like Bamboo Face Scrub, Advanced Multi-Active Vitamin C Face Serum, Organic Aloe Vera Gel, Natural Face Moisturizer, etc that are suitable for all skin types.
4. Are Strictly Organics natural skin care products effective?
A. Yes, Strictly Organics natural skincare products are effective when used properly as per the directions. Natural skincare shows positive results & helps you maintain good-looking skin without causing any negative health effects.
5. What does ‘natural’ and ‘Toxin Free’ skincare mean?
A. Toxin free skin care means made with natural elements desired naturally such as rose, aloe vera, green tea extract, argan oil, etc., and is free from synthetic fragrances, parabens, and more. Synthetic skincare means products contain unnatural ingredients that are formulated synthetically in a laboratory such as hyaluronic acid, etc.